- 1 General tips
- 2 Caring for houseplants in the summer
- 3 Maintenance in the winter
- 4 To increase the moisture in the air
- 5 Harvesting of soil
Many people in the house have plants. They are cozy, help the exchange of oxygen and are a beautiful decoration. However, care of indoor plants should be correct, to ensure a beautiful bloom and longevity.
Care of indoor plants should be done individually. It is impossible to select absolutely identical methods for all plants. The first thing you need to eliminate watering of all colors at the same time. Each plant has a certain limit of the required liquid. Otherwise some of them will wither. However, there are General tips for watering all plants. They need to be watered moderately, after checking the soil for moisture. The water temperature should not be low. Better to wait till warm to room temperature. Plants with large leaves should be wiped with a dampened cloth. This will clean the pores. Plants with small leaves need to be sprayed.
Each plant required hygiene. To ensure that it is possible by removing fallen and dead leaves. This will help prevent rotting soil. If there are signs of disease, to start treatment. The fight against pathologies should start quickly, so plants had more chances of survival and minimal loss. First need to isolate it in order to avoid the spread of infection. You need to constantly be prevented by the specialized funds.
The change should be timely. The plants tell you whether you need to change the pot in different ways. May require more frequent watering, the holes in the pot filled with roots. It is necessary to carefully monitor the behavior of plants. Costs as little as possible to move the pot around the room. Plants suffer from it. The place should be isolated from drafts, however, to get enough sun and fresh air. So, most of the pots are on the windowsill.
Care must be performed with the following tips:
- you need to remove faded flowers, to later flowering was more abundant;
- at the time of purchase should pay attention to the number of unopened buds, to flowering after lasted longer;
- you must isolate the purchased plants from drafts and fluctuations in temperature;
- decorative flowering plants should be located at a minimum distance of 1 meter from the window with the greatest flow of the sun, to bloom, it was beautiful, growth is good;
- when, if long is flowering, the plant is to move to a shaded cool place, less watered for 6 weeks, after that you need to bring it back.
Basket call those plants, which are grown in hanging pots. Care is carried out with the following tips:
- to excess water absorbed, providing a constant supply flower, it is necessary before filling the ground to put the bottom of the basket previously used tea bags;
- ampelnye plants should be watered as often as possible, because of their high location above the ground ensures quick drying;
- to tie up curly stems, you can use the cords, which tense on hammered nail into the wall, or use specialized garter.
All types of houseplants
There are General rules for the care of indoor plants:
- if plants are lignified shoots, in the summer you should give them more fresh air, поэтому можно переместить их на балкон;
- хороший дренаж для цветов обеспечивают черпаки в глиняных горшках, walnuts, керамзита;
- чтобы земля не смешалась с дренажом, стоит положить сверху фильтр для кофемашин перед засыпанием земли в горшок;
- для лучшего роста растений можно иногда побаловать их чаем без подсластителей или добавлять использованную заварку;
- for, чтобы комнатное растение не наклонилась к источнику света, необходимо раз в неделю поворачивать горшок по часовой стрелке на 180 degrees;
- чтобы земля не вымывалась из горшка, после посадки нужно разместить гравий, камушки, ракушки вокруг растения;
- при наличии в доме кошек нужно посыпать землю молотым перцем, чтобы оградить их от уничтожения растений;
- для отпугивания насекомых можно воткнуть в землю чеснок, периодически заменяя его при прорастании;
- сухие листья, отцветшие цветки нужно убирать, так как они могут стать источником болезни и местом проживания вредителей;
- необходимо правильно рассаживать и аранжировать растения для их лучшего роста и развития в группе.
Caring for houseplants in the summer
In summer conditions you need to provide special care for indoor plants. This is especially important, if the owners are going on vacation for a long time.
The implementation of irrigation
During the heat of summer increases evaporation, due to which faster to dry flowers, the leaves and the earth. Lack of moisture can cause a disruption in the flow of nutrients in the plant, leading to his death. No tracking for regular irrigation may lead to the death of a flower. However, too much to moisten the soil not worth a. You need to start from environment, individual characteristics of plants. The amount of water may vary. In hot and Sunny weather, some flowers require twice the amount of water daily. The necessary liquid for a long time infused. With decreasing temperature and increasing humidity due to the rain it is necessary to reduce the amount of water for irrigation.
If the soil is still wet, it is necessary to abandon irrigation. You can define, sticking in the ground a finger about 1 cm. If the soil is dry, want to water the plant. To check, dry the earth in small pots, it is possible to slightly raise the.
Rules for watering plants
For each plant has its own watering rules. Large amounts of water and regular spraying, that means extra moisturizing, require the following flowers:
- agave, agapanthus;
- abutilon, the flowers which are without proper irrigation begin to crumble and fade;
- Azalea, which are finicky and in the summer require special attention, frequent watering, regular spraying;
- Allamanda, achimenes;
- alocasia, which requires not only frequent watering, but wipe the leaves with wet cloth;
- aloe, which is necessary in the summer humidity, however, it is necessary to abandon spraying;
- Anthurium, which requires frequent wetting of the leaves and a constant soil moisture;
- Impatiens, which does not tolerate stagnation of fluid;
- geranium and gloxinia;
- Jasmine and Calla;
- primrose and oleander;
- orchids, which require special attention during the flowering;
- Cassia and rose.
Moderate moisture is necessary for:
- adenanthos, cyclamen;
- adenium, astrofitum;
- Amaryllis, nasturtium, Nerina;
- begonia, which is better to put it in a pot of peat;
- violet, which are not to be sprayed because of poor tolerance of moisture leaves.
Rare watering in connection with a possible damage from moisture, require:
- chrysanthemum, to pour it to 3 once a week;
- aglaonema, strictly watered twice weekly;
- geranium, watering which is carried out not more than two times weekly.
Spraying and moisture
Caring for potted plants in the summer should be complemented by additional spraying. It is useful, as plants are a lover of cool water treatments. It is possible to carry out a warm shower two or three times a week, to help clear the leaves of dust, moisturize. Especially such procedures like rubber plants, ivy and ferns.
If you want to repot the plants in summer, a few weeks should begin to monitor the moisture. To avoid problems during the process, it must be ensured, to the soil was not excessive moisture or aridity. So the roots will not be able quickly enough to penetrate the new earth.
The use of fertilizers
Regular feeding is the key to success in caring for plants in summer. In the hot period they will not be able to survive without it. The procedure should be performed two to three times monthly, depending on the individual characteristics of the plants. Profusely blooming, you need to pay more attention, making auxiliary procedures weekly. It is important to follow the instructions during application of fertilizers in liquid form. It can be found on the packaging. Ammonia is often used, potassium nitrate, salt and superphosphate. They have the best action.
However, overdo it with fertilizers is not necessary. It is bad for the roots of plants, that can lead to death. Should fertilize first, a half dose, gradually increasing her. Recently transplanted plants, new soil which originally contained fertilizer of prolonged action, there is no need to fertilize additionally.
Additional feeding is necessary during flowering. At this time it is better to use, which are made on the basis of phosphorus-potash chemicals. If leaves appear after flowering, it is necessary to change the applied fertilizer nitrogen.
Temperature and air circulation
To care for the plants in the summer was right, you need to maintain a certain temperature. The processes of life occur when certain thermal conditions. If the temperature is raised, photosynthesis is accelerated by the tropical and subtropical species. All plants tolerate heat and sunlight, however, direct sunlight can damage. So you need to protect them.
Moderate temperature adhere to such plants, as Azalea, Jasmine, violet, Camellia, Amaryllis. For them is to maintain the optimal temperature. For aloe, cactus, palm trees, figs on the contrary we need to increase the temperature of the room, as they are resistant to hot period.
You should avoid drafts. They are the enemies of development and growth of plants. It is necessary to eliminate the plants in the ground, where the blowing. When airing the room, the flowers have to stand in another room or close the door. However, fresh air is necessary in summer, otherwise, the plants may wither. Therefore, many people take out the plants on the balcony, if it does not heat up too much.
Lighting for flowers
Summer care is impossible without proper illumination. For those, who likes more light, necessary to provide continuous contact with sunlight. Put them on the window sill, as they are undemanding and there is no risk of disease from excessive contact with the sun. For, to light-loving plants grew well and bloomed, you need time to water them and feed, to properly care. They are unpretentious, I love spring and summer, good bloom and grow. Such plants are begonia, geranium. Caring for them is easy, they love bright light, so are common inhabitants of the apartments. However, their placement on the North side is prohibited, because this will trigger leaf drop, that will lead to, the flowers and the plant itself will soon wither away.
Достаточно светолюбивые растения – гардения, cactus, Palma, citrus trees and hibiscus. However, they are at risk of burns from direct sunlight. Care of them more carefully. Should categorically exclude direct sunlight on the ferns, cleave, ruskus. They have to stay in a darkened room.
Pruning and protection
During the hot period is particularly important and timely garter trim. These procedures are mandatory, not allowing to let the side shoots. The view becomes more presentable. This applies to all penetrating winding plants, that alone will not be able to acquire a beautiful form. Pruning should be done with a sharp knife. Strong back up is necessary too for growing plants and flowers. However, excessive pruning is not recommended, as this may significantly deteriorate their growth.
Particularly in summer, increases the activity of pests. It is important to do every day and check the leaves, that they are not settled insects. If you can spot them, to eliminate, the risk for flowers will be minimal. Most common pests in the summer are spider mites, thrips. They should promptly get rid of. For this purpose, insecticides, which you can buy in the store, traditional methods.
Departure on leave
Summer is the holiday period. However, this does not mean, what is to throw the care of indoor plants. They need to think in advance, especially when you have to leave them for a few days and more. You need to constantly provide them with moisture, since most plants are primarily water.
Best with the lack of owners doing the tea tree, laurels, figs, citrus trees, decorative pineapples, needles, the Laurel. They do not require special events.
However, not all plants can survive long period without care. Therefore, experts recommend the following activities, to help save the life of flowers even in the hottest period:
- When going on a vacation will remain a few days, you should carefully check leaves for presence of pests and disease. Upon detection of the latter must be immediately treated damage special drugs.
- Necessarily it is necessary to remove dry or infected shoots, leaves, flowers and buds. Otherwise, it may cause the spread of infection and drying out.
- Partly it is necessary to curtain all Windows, however, you need to do so, to the room with plants placed there was no draught, direct sunlight. Otherwise the soil will dry out faster.
- Large plants should be placed on the floor and as far away from Windows. In a bowl, on which to stand the pots, you want to pour gravel, vermiculite, expanded clay. In addition, you should pour water.
- A few weeks before departure on a journey you need to stop feeding.
- To provide irrigation in the absence of, you must use the cord. To do this, take a piece of fabric or cord, one end down into the soil, the other in the liquid container. For proper watering container with enough water present should be above, than the plants themselves.
- If there is a possibility, you must take all the flowers at the cottage. You can bury them together with the pots, however, the soil should be covered with the organic mass in the form of peat and sawdust.
- In the store you can buy special installation, which will allow the plants to survive without constant watering.
Maintenance in the winter
In the winter care of indoor plants needs to be careful. The first is to take care of light-loving plants, especially cacti. Their winter watering is not necessary, as excess moisture triggers the process of decay. As a result, the cactus die. So do not moisten plants, even if it has dried.
If flowers ornamental leaves, then they need to be watered rarely. Just in case, if the soil is dry on 1 cm deep. Dryness is not dangerous, however, excessive watering can lead to death. However, all flowering plants need constantly damp soil. This contributes to their better growth. However, watering should be carried out as the drying, flowers no need to fill too. The most abundant watering requirements differ Azalea and tsiperus. They need the extra moisture.
The first month of winter – December. At this time, special rules apply, to accomplish proper care of indoor plants. The list includes:
- Should eliminate dry air. This leads to a decrease of plant growth. If necessary, you can arrange the room for several containers with water, put the humidifier to maintain the required humidity level.
- Suitable for watering slightly warmed water. Potted plants should be at an optimum distance from each other, so that the air could circulate.
- Immediate removal shall be yellow and dry leaves. If sprouts grown too, what hinders the development of plants, they need to remove.
- Once you have to handle lacquered leaf surface spray. This will help them to Shine and be healthier.
- While the sun is high, it is necessary to move the pots away from the window. Then ventilate the room. However, bulbous plants is better placed closer to direct sunlight.
- At night the temperature should be moderate, not hot. This will ensure a good stay.
In January, the care also has its own characteristics:
- This month the plants are in vegetative rest. To bother them it should not be. Watering should be done only as needed and complete drying of the earth. After the procedure is to pour the remaining liquid from the pan.
- For being in a cool room cactus would be enough of a watering in the 3 of the week. If the room has a warm mode, you need to carry out soil moisture every 10 days.
- Overly long stems of plants due to bad lighting you need to cut. It is best to do the pruning shears. Extra parts are painted in brown color, dry. This should be done cautiously, not to touch the green part. Otherwise, the plant may die.
- Should eliminate drafts. There must also be spraying with warm water. This will help to maintain humidity.
- Fertilizer shall be subject only to the flowering plants.
February is a transitional month from winter to spring. Therefore, there is a slow awakening. Hibernation is terminated, what they need to help. Should change the soil, to change the pots. Large leaves should be wiped with a dampened sponge. Small sprayed with spray. The drooping leaves of plants, cacti are treated with a special brush for getting rid of dirt and dust.
When, if in the house there are trees, their leaves should be thoroughly sprayed. Especially true for the wrong side. This will help to wash them and protect them from pests. However, the procedure should be carried out in the morning, to the evening the leaves can dry. Care with a cloth, rubber plants need, philodendron.
In February especially good to buy azaleas, primrose and cyclamen. This month it is no problem to leave in the cool for longer flowering. In the apartment you need to maintain a moderate temperature, since February, the heat is dangerous and can lead to death of the flowers.
It is forbidden to spray the plant with velvety leaves. This category includes begonia and Saintpaulia. Gradually the intensity of the soil moisture should increase. For the biggest fans of water, watering should be done twice weekly. We must gradually begin to water the cacti. Long shoots need new support. Vines should be cut.
Чтобы рост в зимний период был нормальным, не стоит ускорять его. Они должны отдыхать и набираться сил перед весной. Вместо полива можно слегка рыхлить почву, что поможет воздуху лучше проникать к корням. Поливать нужно только при особенной сухости. Лучшим вариантом является опрыскивание.
Зимой нужно постараться уменьшить подкормку. Раз в 3 недели будет достаточно. Исключением являются растения, у которых происходит цветение. Их нужно чаще удобрять для лучших цветков. You can use nutrient solutions, which you can buy in the store. They must be weak, on the roots to avoid burn. You can use milk, diluted in water.
To winter to get rid of pests, you must use a soap solution. Just apply it onto a rag and treating the affected areas. Then rinse with clean water. It is necessary to cover the ground, to the soapy water killed the roots.
The air temperature
Caring for houseplants in the winter is inconceivable without the correct temperature. It should be moderate. Should watch plants carefully. Freezing and icing of glasses better at night not to put the plants around them. So the air temperature is reduced by 10 degrees, what can cause plant death. The temperature in the daytime should be in the range of 20 degrees Celsius, ночью – 15 degrees Celsius. Also worth bearing in mind, it is necessary to completely avoid drafts and excessive moisture. So you need a moderately to humidify the air using special water containers and electronic humidifiers.
If the plant is a resident of Northern latitudes, they seem to tolerate being near a cool window. They should be watered moderately and to prevent overdrying of the soil. To category sheds its winter foliage plants. For those flowers, чья родина – тропические леса, to maintain the temperature within 22 degrees. The cold can severely hurt them and lead to death. This category includes begonia, palm trees, citrus.
All the flowers, which usually are on the windowsill, you want to move to a special structure foam. It will not give them hypothermia. From the air is too dry will help to protect the special shield made of cardboard. This is especially important because of the hard work, radiators and batteries.
The lack of light may be detrimental to the growth of the plants. The leaves should be constantly to the sunlight. Therefore, for certain plant you need to find the bright place near the window. The temperature should not exceed 18 degrees. Otherwise, they will lose their green color and may wilt.
Watering in the winter
Caring for houseplants in winter is a rare watering. The smaller the process, all the better. This relates primarily to subtropical plants. They need watering only when dry topsoil. If there are too many to give water, the roots gradually rot. The frequency should depend on temperature mode. The size of the plant and the volume pot are also taken into account.
For cacti winter is the dormant period. Their activity slows down. You can not water the cactus, do it twice a month. You should start in February. It is necessary to ensure that, prevent water from touching the plants. If the drops trapped between spines, the stem will rot and the plant will die. The best method is watering pan.
Winter blooms Amaryllis. It should be kept in a warm room with a temperature in the range of 20 degrees. Watering should begin only then, when it appears floral hand. For this flower stands out very bright and warm place.
Fertilizer in winter
Caring for houseplants in the winter should be undertaken with special care in terms of fertilizers. In addition to the Amaryllis blooms in winter Primus and Saintpaulia. For them need proper care, including the removal of withered shoots. This will help to improve flowering. Besides, it is necessary constantly to feed them. It uses a special solution and fertilizer. You need to alternate fertilizers with organic. You can apply organo-mineral complexes.
Along with the reduction of the period of irrigation is necessary to completely get rid of ornamental foliage plants. Winter is prohibited transplant, only if you need it in an emergency. Some plants, such as oleander, fuchsia, must always be kept in a cool place. Watering is carried out sparingly, to slow the growth. The best place will be the East window. Need to be watered from the tray, after that, as the water rises. As soon as Saintpaulia Bud, you want to move them to a cool place, to constantly maintain the moisture in the soil and loosen it.
To increase the moisture in the air
It is often necessary to increase the moisture in the air in the house. Care of indoor plants usually involves maintaining a certain level of humidity. Due to lack of moisture in the air slows the development of flowers, they gradually fade and wither. The leaves become dry, covered with painful spots. There are several ways, which will help to maintain optimal humidity. This will help keep the plants healthy and beautiful.
Carrying out spraying
Spraying is the simplest way of moistening the ambient plant air. No need to buy additional accessories and tools. Some plants need spraying with warm water, previously passed through the filter, and insisted. It is best to do the procedure in the morning, to the end of the day all the moisture was able to evaporate. However, you need to be careful when spraying plants, who need direct contact with sunlight. Drops of water can become a kind of lens, provoke burns.
The evaporation of a liquid
If the plants are near the radiator during the heating, you can increase the humidity due to the evaporation of the liquid. To do this, she must be in the tanks. You need to place in certain places near the battery containers with water. As the temperature is high, the water gradually evaporates and humidifies surrounding air, plants. However, the method is not effective and is costly.
In the shop you can purchase a humidifier. This device, who will constantly deal with the evaporation. This method is good because, the circulation of moisture in the air occurs in a large volume. Helps to maintain optimum humidity. It is sold in any store, inexpensive.
There is a way a water bed. It means, what you need to give plants water supply, which will constantly moisten the air. You can place the pot in a special container, which is then filled with peat. It must constantly wet. Regular peat moisture will help humidify the air.
Care for plants with air humidification can be accomplished with the help of their group. Method is quite effective and simple. It occurs in the vicinity of the plants. They can be grouped according to the number of evaporated moisture. Plants, which need more humidity, you need to put next to that, which evaporation occurs with maximum intensity.
Harvesting of soil
Frequently needed the transplant flowers. It is an integral procedure, without which care for the plants impossible. It is necessary to change the soil. The question arises of a choice of earthen mixture. You can prepare yourself, to buy in the store, specializing in gardening. Easier to use the second method, as in mixes from the store contains all the necessary nutrients. However, most of these complexes are based on peat. This substance is hydrophilic. Therefore, periodically it loses in volume, which causes plant diseases. Need particularly anxious to care for the plant, if you are using store-bought soil. However, it is not always possible to do this. Therefore it is better to procure land on their own.
Components for soil
To create the perfect soil, you need to choose the right components. The list includes:
- Turf ground. This type of soil needs to be prepared for 2 years old. If in the future you will need turf ground, it is necessary in the spring to cut the turf, laid and covered with manure. You need to wait two years before, how to use ready ground. You need to sift and sort packages.
- Ground sheet. It is produced by composting leaves, that fell off.
- Humus. It is also necessary to prepare for 2 years old. Fresh manure should be put in a certain place, close the film and to allow time for decay. Finished compost should have no smell. The consistency is loose.
- River sand. It provides drainage.
- Charcoal. It is necessary to collect from an extinct fire. To divide into pieces, it is added to the already prepared mixture. Its main purpose is to prevent souring.
- Horny flour. It is added further, if necessary. It is a phosphoric fertilizer, to add to the ratio 1 to 30.
- Wood ash. It is a Supplement. Helps to maintain balance the acidity of the soil, as it contains potassium. It is added in the ratio of 1 to 50.
The cooking process
The process of making the soil quite time consuming. You must rely on already acquired knowledge. Cooking involves mixing of various components. For decontamination of the soil must be subjected to a heat treatment. This is done by heating the washed sand. It is poured on the bottom tray, then piled all the components. Capacity up to that moment, while the top layer will be hot. After that, the ground is fully decontaminated.