- 1 The development of drawing skills
- 2 FAQ beginners
- 3 learning options
- 4 1 stage - the study of subjects forms
- 5 The second stage - drawing shadows
- 6 Step 3 - the concept of perspectives
- 7 Step 4 - drawing complex shapes
- 8 From sketches to full figure
- 9 Step 5 - drawing living creatures
- 10 Drawing portraits
- 11 The choice of tools and materials
- 12 landscape painting features
- 13 Style and perfection
Creation of illustrations can turn from a hobby into a profession. Designers sites - highly paid and demanded sphere. Besides, artistic taste can be useful not only for the creation of interiors, design houses, but in needlework, organization of photo shoots. Learn how to draw simple, important to know where to start and keep a training plan.
The development of drawing skills
The development of any skill requires constant practice. This also applies to the ability to draw. All great artists start with simple techniques. They were distinguished by a great desire to draw better and better. This led most of them to success.
Creativity and art as a whole is impossible without curiosity, passion and full return process. the artist's journey begins with the first step - the ability to observe the world around them, see in everyday things special qualities. Find a unique way sometimes takes years, This process is accelerated by regular practice.
important rules, simplify training:
- Create a training plan - from simple to complex.
- Respond to the question "Why do I need to learn to draw?». Picturing, you develop and the brain. Especially right brain, which is responsible for creative thinking, intuition and creativity. You can learn to draw in order to distract and even meditation. These skills are also used for therapeutic purposes, art therapy - is an area of fine arts.
- Choice of direction for drawing. This will depend on time management efficiency. After all, you can not draw comics academic knowledge about the creation of landscapes.
- Copying a simple pencil drawings. It is necessary to lay at least 50 hours.
- coloring sketches.
- Draw every day, but without coercion.
- Try techniques and styles.
How to learn to paint from scratch? it, perhaps, the most common question. You just need to start. Find an interesting picture and try to copy it. Yes, just copy other people's patterns, and images can then play their own imagination on canvas.
Very useful video "how to learn to draw". Instead of a few pages of text theory, video tutorial will help you understand, how the pattern is created. It does not matter what language is being broadcast.
You can try to start to learn to draw on these channels:
- "Drawing with Anna Koshkina" - learning from scratch: order paper fastening, hatch training, toning, how to redraw objects and more.
- net: lessons in drawing in pencil, very useful tips for beginners.
- Pro. artist clear, simply, clearly explains the most difficult - how to learn to draw human.
- Mark Crilley. This resource created illustration in cartoon style. Step by step, the artist shows a variety of techniques, simplest methods of creating pretty pictures.
- Sycra. This channel will appeal to fans of anime and Japanese animation. You can get detailed instructions on how, how to draw parts of the human body, clothes, of movement.
- Bob Ross. Bob Ross - a legend of American television. This person 11 years teaching others to create masterpieces on canvas. ignorance of the language does not hurt to enjoy the talent of the artist and get inspired to create your own paintings.
A matter of choice for drawing theme is also very relevant among the newcomers. Not necessarily limited to the traditional genres: portrait, a still life or landscape. Gaining popularity are simple sketches of ordinary human life. Artists make quick sketches of subjects, place them in social networks, discuss and learn together from mistakes.
For those, who do not have enough time, There are a number of modern and easy to use applications for teaching drawing:
- Tayasui Sketches. A simple app for teaching drawing in various techniques.
- Bamboo Paper - application for artists from the Wacom to create sketches, sketches and full of drawings. The program will be useful at every stage of education.
- Zen Brush - not only helps to learn how to draw, but also sets the mood for creativity.
Self-education - the most affordable way to learn to draw. On the Internet, a lot of video tutorials, books and manuals on the study of a variety of techniques.
Newcomers will be interesting and educational literature on drawing:
- Mark Kistler, "You can draw over 30 days ". The book includes 30 lessons, which it is recommended to take at least half an hour per day.
- Betty Edwards "Discover the artist within". About 2 millions of ordinary people have learned to draw on this book. They were scared to start, they felt "armless" and persistently searched for the secret of the great masters. This mystery has been made available to every book reader.
- Robin Landa 'sketchbooks, that will teach you to draw!"- a kind of book, in which you can draw.
- on human anatomy book have to be at the library the young artist.
The second way - buy online courses or attend an art school. Such paid lessons will not only gain theoretical knowledge, but also practical drawing skills.
1 stage - the study of subjects forms
Before each lesson you need to stretch and prepare a hand. You can draw chaotic line, zigzagi, eight of 3-5 minutes before the lesson.
To learn how to draw beautifully, you need to master a hatch in a variety of ways: straight, inclined, crosswise. Important nuances of performing shading:
1. Trying pencils of varying softness.
2. Using one of the lead study draw smooth tone transitions.
3. Strokes should fit snugly to each other.
4. Line better cast in the form, You do not need to cross them at right angles. If hatched cube, the direction of the line or horizontal, or vertical.
All the surrounding objects can be divided into cubes, spheres, pyramids. Therefore, learn to draw basic shapes - is the first and important step.
To do this, you need to prepare a clean sheet and pen. Very convenient and popular sketch-books, which is always at hand. The first figure - the circle. You need to draw until, until it became the ideal form. It's not exactly an easy task. In fact, this process may take several days. The main objective is to create a perfect circle without tools.
It is best to learn to draw is not solid lines, and short strokes. Typically, a person sees only the grass, flowers, birds. the artist also, looking at the scenery, sees lines and spots, and the quality you need to learn in the first place. Therefore, the following skills - learn how to draw other geometrical figures: square, triangle, etc.. After several months of constant exercise you can learn to draw simple shapes.
The second stage - drawing shadows
There are four types of shadows, they must learn to see and draw:
- Own shadows on objects. They are colored dark on the object. Creating a volume reached a clear boundary on the outer contour and smooth connection to the dark areas of the subject.
- Semitone - a narrow shadow on the border between his own shadow and the illuminated area of the object.
- Falling reproduce shadows total object silhouette on the surface by light.
- Shadows in the contact point located close to the object. This is the darkest tone, their task - giving stability and weight. In other words, is the repetition of the flare, the brightest area.
To draw the shadow takes a darker color. The second step - is covered by this part of the base color. The black color in gray should shine with a new coat of paint, creating a colored shadow.
The first attempt to learn how to draw the shadow of the perfect circle will be successful if unlikely. The secret lies in the fact, that it is necessary to introduce a light source in the upper left corner. Draw a shadow necessary to suit lighting arrangement, ie in the lower right corner. To create a realistic only need common sense, no more. To master the skills to obscure the simple shapes may take several months.
The general scheme of the, how to draw shading and shadows:
The formula of creating spots, for example, on the ball with a solar flare:
- Finding the right place dark and light spots.
- On the ball you need to draw a small circle, a little above the middle, indicated her circle one.
- expanding horizons, applied second ball line, it will be a bright spot.
- Then one more, will penumbra.
- Next you need to feather the pencil from the middle, increasing the pressing from the middle to the ball Limits. If the paint without strong pressure, but also observing circuit glare, It gives a clear black-and-white ball.
Thus do the shading and other forms of. Particular attention is paid to color shades depending on the presence of light.
Step 3 - the concept of perspectives
Draw the object in the future need for the rule, the closer object, so it gets bigger. When you want to draw an object, located far, it reduces.
The basic concept, that you need to master - the vanishing point. for example, when image cube, its length and width narrower towards its end or inclined inwardly paper:
The fins are narrowed as the right, and left, as if they are inside a sheet of paper. This is what creates the illusion of a cube «3D» on a two-dimensional paper. And this is possible, based on the foundations of the construction of perspective and such concepts, as the vanishing point.
vanishing point in the figure somewhere far away from the eyes of an observer on the right and left of the cube. That is why the parties were narrowed to the inner side of the paper to the right and to the left. The figure below shows clearly, as a cube edge, if extended, converge at a single point on both sides. These two points are called vanishing point:
If you draw a cube without the concept of a vanishing point, it will look like an ordinary square. But for the image three-dimensional objects should always be aware of the vanishing point. That it makes it possible to represent the amount of. This concept is observed in any of the default figures, because it creates a space and the distance between each object.
Examples arrangement vanishing point:
- Figure top:
2. The figure in the landscape:
3. any subject (a plurality of vanishing points):
In real life, are more common scenes, as in the third example. Multiple vanishing points, which add depth and a sense of space by drawing. At this stage, the main training is to understand the general concept of vanishing points.
Step 4 - drawing complex shapes
How to draw complicated objects? previous rules: practice, nuances of compliance, work on the bugs. You can start with the egg shape. Then you can develop a variety of fruits image. for example, how to draw a strawberry:
Similarly, all other forms are drawn using shading effect. Here you just need to watch the reflection, refraction of light, transparency, etc.. d. You can draw all, that surrounds. Never mind, that the beginning of the sketch will fail, important outcome.
Learn to draw two random object in a day - the main goal at this stage. Drawings must be intact: drawing + shading + drop shadow + any other special effect.
You can start to paint with household items - mugs and cups. Then move on to more complex - vases and carafes. Crude forms of clay products - the most easy to learn. For testing the interaction of several subjects drawn still lifes. Building on the imagination of the compositions need to start with a simple, eg, to draw an apple on the table. scheme standard: preliminary sketch form, shading and detail. Practicing skills faster, If each time to choose more complex objects.
From sketches to full figure
At first, easier to learn to paint from nature, than memory. The object must be to create short strokes, focusing on the contours of the border with the external surroundings. The shorter strokes, the more successful will be drawing.
Once sketched, you need to proceed to a more thorough plotting. For this hallmark is allocated to the object, and other details already arranged around her.
Thereafter superimposed shade, creating the effect of volume. It is necessary to identify the direction of the light source arrangement. Sharpened pencil uniform shade areas penumbra. Darker areas need to draw blunted tip. You can press more to enhance the painting dark pencil. Drawing smooth shadows scale can hone in on a separate sheet. Move the pencil back and forth, during work harder to push the pencil, to gradually make the finishing touches darker.
It is useful to draw the scale of achromatic colors. To this sheet is divided into five sections. The first left white, and the latter obscured the darkest color. The intermediate sector are used for the distribution of strokes so, to get passing (from light to dark) shades of gray.
Step 5 - drawing living creatures
Moving objects and living beings, their posture and facial expressions - it's more difficult stage of drawing. development of observation, fixing in the memory of the nuances will create a quick "snapshot" of bird flight, dog pose.
quick sketch, done in a few minutes, the ability to see and convey the pose of the object - this is all, that you need to master. In the early stages it is important to the amount of such drawings. All details, quality of the sketches until the matter.
For a realistic picture of living organisms, We need to restore the knowledge of anatomy and learn to draw the bones of the skeleton, muscle location, proportioning and variations of motion of the body.
How to learn to draw the human body in stages:
- held vertical, which will serve as the basis for the grid, ie. the main waist lines, shoulder, head, hands and feet.
- How to understand the size of the data lines? If you want to draw from nature, the pencil stands measuring instrument. for example, to determine the period from the waist to the feet, visually equal to the tip of a pencil with a waist level, and it also says the level of the feet. This size is transferred to the paper.
- visual body is divided into 8 parts of the size of the head.
- After determining the proportions and application of marks is shaped body. This is done by drawing the cylinders and ovals.
- If it turned out well, the drawn contour.
- And the final touch - details: fingers, hair, face, clothes.
Features of the male body image:
- length of the body - it 3 head;
- border is on the chest, chin, crotch and waist;
- legs - 4 head, and the center around the knees;
- Shoulder width reaches 2 1/3 head size;
- hands along the length of reach 3,5 head size.
The female body is necessary to draw more elongated, and the widest part - thigh.
Strokes and sketches are recorded not only human movement, but also other objects of the world:
To draw any four-legged or feathered creature, We need to look at the, how it looks without hair and feathers.
Sketches pictures in textbooks of anatomy and biology will develop the desired proportions of the bodies of living creatures.
Before creating the final image, it is important to see the object in a complex set of simple shapes, and it set the basic proportions. After such gathering, the next step - seamlessly connect all parts of the picture. Another subject of the angle will be different from the first figure.
for example, in the profile of a horse's head may consist of a square nose, round cheeks and ears of the triangle, but the same head can be drawn in many other angles.
The first step is to study the facial expressions of people and try to express human emotions on paper, eg, like this:
To draw portraits using obrubovka - plaster cast of a human head, whose face is laid out on planes. Any portrait always keeps in mind the sample obrubovki.
Of course, drawings will be in its infancy, they constantly need to improve, will have to work on the detail of the human eye and its movements, human hair, their brightness, and so on. d.
A novice can learn how to draw a person by transferring photos via cell. This method allows more accurate proportioning. Step by step instructions as follows:
- Features cellular structure transparencies.
- The resulting film is superimposed on a photo and e fixed.
- On a clean sheet of paper, which will create a drawing done auxiliary construction in the form of cells.
- Further, compared to the order of crossing the cell on the original and repeated pencil on paper as accurately as possible.
Paint a portrait - a rather difficult job, it takes time, perseverance and talent. It is not only external similarity, but also the transfer of emotions, depth look, naturalness and individuality. To learn how to draw portraits is enough to learn the following technique:
- Image right face contour. Gently press a pencil drawn oval. This step is repeated over and over again to create the perfect shape.
- The horizontal line in the middle gives the location of the eye.
- Part of the face below the eye is halved, on this line need to draw the tip of the nose.
- Smooth and thin lines drawn ocular incisions, pre-dot, showing their border.
- Displaying pupils, lip line, hair circuit, eyebrows.
- Lips - a difficult element, start drawing better with lower, then reflect it in the upper lip and share little in half.
- Nose image begins with the edges, as the floor of the triangle, on the sides of the arc.
- At the conclusion of the portrait added glare, giving volume, color picture. Set off by the contrast with the dark color. These actions give the face depth and liveliness.
The choice of tools and materials
Learn to draw with a pencil - this is just the beginning. With it created the first sketches. Hard pencils are not suitable for drawing, because they can break album sheet. Drawing varieties also do not need to use.
Considered standard TM pencils (HB). Pencils T-categories (n) more solid and suitable for drawing bright lines. Pencils M-categories (B) softer, them better to draw a dark line.
The degree of hardness and softness is expressed numeral pencils. In solid pencils (T or N) the highest hardness is expressed by nine, while the soft pencils (M or B) nine indicated the highest softness.
Vinyl erasers do not damage paper, unlike conventional rubber erasers, but they do not erase crayons. Due to the plasticity of erasers (their pasty consistency) they can be given any shape for accurate removal of individual fine details pencil sketch.
Materials for creating images much: pastel, markers, ink, paints. This diversity would not only make color sketches, but also to stop the election on, especially enjoy. so, you can learn how to draw:
- watercolor. It has a very rich palette. Newcomer will be difficult to quickly master the technique of water-soluble paints. We need a great experience for, to feel, as the lie it is material to the paper while drawing.
- gouache. This is the most suitable artistic tool for beginners. Thick matte paint diluted with water. Topsheet can easily block the flaws or defects. In addition, gouache is inexpensive.
- dry pastel. It crayons to create soft tones in drawing. It is easily shaded, using pastels can you arrange the transitions between shades. Ready pastel drawing requires careful treatment, because it is easy to grease. Therefore, most often drawing is fixed by fixing means.
- Alcohol markers - not the most popular material for drawing. This is not the usual office highlighter and marker pens. Due to the texture of such markers, you can draw smooth and beautiful transitions without deformation of paper. The choice of such materials is quite wide. Average, markers palette has about 300 colors. Sold and more affordable themed sets, specially selected, to draw nature, architecture.
Materials for professional artists are quite expensive. At first, you can use the tools available to the average cost of online stores. Fashion artistic board also unnecessary purchase. The problem of young artists - to learn to draw quickly. To create a thumbnail suitable conventional album with white sheets.
To work with computer graphics, this principle is also suitable. For training does not need a licensed program (Photoshop and other), can be practiced in the free editor: MyPaint, SAI, GIMP.
landscape painting features
Having mastered the simple techniques, you can start creating landscape - complex compositions depicting people, plants and various animals. For starters, you can learn how to draw a panorama taking into account the style of laws, eg, view from the window.
Draw landscape is necessary after a careful study of such images of other artists. Many artists do not only share pictures, but also to spread the Internet detailed drawing storyboard. This allows the beginner to learn to see simple forms, eg, in a tree or bush.
Style and perfection
Basic knowledge of drawing patterns - a preliminary stage. The main thing in any creative work - the creation of a unique drawing style. Ideas and Inspiration for these purposes can be drawn from such resources, like Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube.
A lot of practice is required to create images, which practically does not differ from photos. But the level of artistic skill is not always determined by the similarity with real objects. You can draw tremendous work, unlike photos.
It is believed, for, to become a professional in his field, you need to dedicate a certain amount of time - from 2000 to 10000 hours, so every free minute is necessary to draw, train hatch, select the tone, create rough sketches and drawn parts. Work it is necessary to spread on the judgment of the professionals. The easiest way to do it in groups of social networks, forums, community of artists.
Of course, certain people have a tendency to initially draw. But most artists are coming to recognize through constant practice and perseverance. No need to compare their pace of learning with others, I am trying to learn how to draw for 30 days. Good motivate saved the first sketches in comparison with the later pictures.